Sunday, June 26, 2022

Beautiful Cardiff slow travel

 Beautiful day in Cardiff today. You can tell this is a port city because lots of seagulls flying around and calling loudly.  

I absolutely love Cardiff! It feels like you can breathe here and it’s not so dirty. There are so may less people and it feels more relaxed. Because of all this I am more relaxed. It’s nice.

I loved London, but like New York it is so fast paced and crowded. It’s like stepping into a whirlwind and trying to keep up with it. I’ve always  lived in the city but no where near that size. It’s fun to visit but wouldn’t want to live there. 

In order to really discover a city, I’m finding you have to look into its history. The basis of Cardiff and all of Wales for a very long time was coal production. It was once one of the biggest coal suppliers in the world. Brought lots of wealth here. Especially to Cardiff which had the port where the ships came in. 

In order to give the rich people something to do with their money back in the 1950s arcades we’re build in central cardiff. They are referred to as Victorian arcades. They are little shopping streets or alleys inside buildings. There are shops and restaurants. Really cool. The oldest is the royal arcade. 

I’ve only visited one but intend on going to all 8 of them.




No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me