Thursday, November 24, 2022

Stranger in a strange land that's me



 It is so weird coming back to the U. S. after 6 months away. I can only describe the feeling as being kind of disoriented. 

I had mixed feelings coming back. On the one hand - so ready to go home, back to a familiar place where I knew my way around, could speak the language, was familiar with the food. On the other hand, I dreaded it. The violence, The craziness. The loud Americans.

And America did not disappoint. Two mass shootings in the last few days. Same political shit. Same loud, acting out in public.

As far as being familiar and all that, it has been nice to see things I love. Yet I feel strangely ambivalent about stuff. 

Maybe its let down from he trip. Maybe I'm exhausted in every way possible . Maybe it's jet lag. Maybe it's a combo of all that.

Maybe I've changed. We shall see. I didn't expect to feel this way.




via Blogger https://ift.tt/clouIZ5
November 25, 2022 at 01:50AM

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me