Thursday, June 23, 2022

An oasis in London




 I have talked about nooks and crannies and mews and alleyways. Hidden treasures. Yesterday I set out to find one: Neal’s Yard. It is a very small alley with shops and restaurants. It’s cute but I didn’t think it was anything special.

So M was getting his hair cut and I would meet him in a couple hours. So after Neal’s Yard, I  decided to just wonder around the area and I wandered into a hidden place that was really cool.

It was called Phoenix park. It is a small community garden with trees and flowers and benches. There are winding path. It is a little oasis in a busy city. 

The park was started by community members who still take care of it. There is a small building where they hold events. 

I sat there for a while just enjoying the greenery and listened to a church bell toll. There were pretty flowers and the usual pigeons walking around. London has thousands of pigeons and they are everywhere.

If was so relaxing. 

Met up with M and we decided to go to Borough market to have a really good street taco there. They were closing! We didnt get one one.

I went here on my own the first time and loved the taco. We went back the day after the tube strike last week and the whole market was closed. So this was a second try!  

I guess I wasn’t meant to have another one…too bad. Best food I’ve had here. Goodbye Taco Parde.



No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me