Sunday, June 5, 2022

The moving nightmare

So M and I rode the bus to get the truck. Never drove a truck before. Wasn’t that hard. Only thing different was mirrors on the sides instead of a rearview. 

We went back to the apartment. Managed to park in the little entry road.We we’re about to find out how stupid our moving plan was. It was just M and me moving. Yeah 66 year old me and 29 year old M. Neither one of us thought it would be that bad. We had this appliance mover thing. No problem to get the couch moved with that! Not. Didn’t really work. 

So the smaller part of the sectional couch fit in the elevator. We got it to the truck by carrying it. The truck wasn’t right in front of the door. So it was hard, but got it done.

Then the bigger part of the couch would not fit in the elevator. No matter how much we tried. We had to take it down a back staircase that was 3 flights and spiraled and had low ceiling corners. In other words it was a complete nightmare. Somehow we got it through withought me falling and breaking my neck.

There were tables and beds and stands and tvs. Really I had a lot less than most. It was still a lot and left us completely exhausted. 

I was shocked I was able to do it at all at my age. I am in pretty good shape, have developed strength with yoga. I walk 4 1/2 miles a day. Seems it all paid off. I was still still sore and bruised though. 

We went back to the apartment. This would be our last time there.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me