Wednesday, November 9, 2022

I meet my idol and soul sister



The minute you enter the Louvre you know this is going to be a completely different experience than you have had before.

We entered a section that had somewhat low lighting which only made the beautiful paintings stand out even more. Beautiful doesn't even describe it. The painters you see here are all the ones you have heard about:  van Gogh, da Vinci, Manet, Cezanne, Matisse, Monet, Botticelli. The paintings were like nothing  I had ever seen. I was honestly stunned at their beauty. Moved even. 

It's really something to see paintings by by such famous iconic painters.

That was just the beginning . There was room after room of paintings, some so big you wondered how they ever did it. They depicted people, animals, religion, war, kings and queens, moments in history, everything you could think of. 

There were beautiful Roman and Greek statues including the Venus de Milo, two by by Michelangelo. There was Egyptian art, Asian Art, Islam art, African Art. Just about any of the world is represented. 

Of course there was the most famous painting of all, my idol, my sister in the struggle, etc., etc., the LADY HERSELF, the Mona Lisa. You come into the room where she is and there is a roped off section to get up close. You have to stand in line, you can't get really close up like the other paintings. She is covered in glass with two guards. But I got to see her and it was really something. I think she winked at me.

Then to top it all off, there is part of the museum is called the Galerie d'Apollon. This was built as a reception hall for Louis 14th. Some of the greatest sculptors and painters of the time had a hand in its completion. It is so opulent that it gives you an idea of how royalty really lived. No expense was spared. This hall houses some of the French crown jewels including  140 carat Regent diamond (said to be cursed). 

This visit to the Louvre was one of the highlights of this trip. It's something I'll never forget.








via Blogger https://ift.tt/DiwKuVG
November 09, 2022 at 07:11PM

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me