Friday, September 2, 2022

Top ten highlights of year long journey so far


Here are top ten fun takes on the trip so far:

1) Best looking men: Dublin hands down and I’m not saying that because I’m Irish.

2) Best transport system: Vienna. Its fairly cheap, easy to understand, clean, rarely jam packed. 

3) Best Mexican food so far: Pablo Picante, Dublin. It has become our mission to find good Mexican food in every city.

4) Best country so far: …and the award goes to Scotland. Scotland is beautiful. It is moody and dark. It really seems to celebrate its culture. I mean where else does a street performer get himself out of a straight jacket and chains? I loved it. 

5) Most interesting place: Ireland. It has such an interesting history and the history is all around you if you look for it. It haunts Ireland.

6) Most surprising place: Cardiff, Wales. We hadn’t planned to go to Wales. It’s not a place you hear much about. I really enjoyed how down to earth the people were. Not fancy.  Wales is beautiful and has a rich history. It is unappreciated.

7) Most diverse: London. It is a city filled with all different kinds of people . It felt like more people spoke foreign languages than English. The neighborhoods are diverse and interesting.

8) Grandest city: Vienna. The architecture is beautiful. It has hosted Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart. It has 450 balls a year. This fills like a city made for rich people. If you have money, you can live the high life here.

9) Funnest place: London. From its packed underground to its grand palaces to its funky neighborhoods like Camden town, it is just a lot of fun. So much to see.

10) Where I want to go back to: Scotland. I would like to see the rest of this beautiful country. I would like to return to Litlingow and the gorgeous Loch there. I just love the culture, the nooks and crannies and stories in Scotland. 

The end.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me