Tuesday, September 27, 2022

No room at the inn



 We are in authentic small town France. The town is Macon, 45 minutes north of Lyon.  Macron has a little over 33,000 people. It is on the Saone river. 

It has narrow little cobblestone streets with old buildings with shutters on the windows. It seems like a bigger town than it is. 

How did we end up here? Well, let me tell you. It was a series of mishaps, one big mistake by yours truly. 

So we left the fruit fly infested  and gross airbnb and went to a hotel last Tuesday. We stayed there til Saturday ready to go to the next airbnb in Lyon. Everything was copacetic.

We're sitting at the bus stop on Saturday with our luggage outside the hotel when I check the airbnb about where we're going. All of sudden, my stomach drops as I discover that I scheduled it for the wrong date. Instead of September 24-Oct 1, I had scheduled it for Oct 1-8. Uh oh, now what?

I quickly looked to see if the hotel we had just left had a room for that night. They did - at a cheaper price!  So we went back to the room we had been in. 

So now  what do we do for the rest of the week? So I called the desk and asked if the room was available until this Saturday. It was available through Monday night only. There was some big event occurring starting Tuesday. 

Ok, let's look for another hotel. There were no hotels within 20 miles of Lyon unless you wanted to pay $500 a night and there wasn't even many of those. Uh oh, now what? 

We ended up booking an Airbnb until Friday in Macon. It was the only option fairly close to Lyon. We have to go back to catch a plane on Saturday out of Lyon. 

I would like to say on my behalf, that with the many airbnbs, hotels, trains, planes we have been in and on, this is only my 15th mistake.  Really, it's the first time it's happened. So sue me.




via Blogger https://ift.tt/WUrA4pa
September 27, 2022 at 06:40PM

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me