Tuesday, June 7, 2022

The layover from hell

So we were so tired from lack of sleep and moving. The flight to New York was fine . Arrived at JFK at about 8 am.

We started our 10 hour layover. Our flight to London left at 6 pm. That’s what you get for a cheap flight. 

M originally had wanted to go into the city while we were there but I really didn’t  want to drag a suitcase and backpack around Manhattan. The way we felt, we never would have gone anyway. 

So try passing 10 hours in an airport when you are exhausted and sore. I started to realize just how heavy my backpack was during this time. My 66 year old body was protesting. So somehow we got through 10 hours in the jet blue terminal which has little to offer. Mike slept maybe 20 minutes on the ground of the terminal. 

So finally got on the plane to London. I was in the window seat. He was in the middle and there was someone beside him. Another 6 hours of misery was ahead of us.


No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me