Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Spanish customer service and horse left overs



 Today M and I went our separate ways for a day. We do this periodically. I went to the beach because it's supposed to rain the next 2 days. It was cloudy with some sun. Perfect. No sun beating down. 

I have a large scarf that I used to sit on. I stayed there for 2 hours and and relaxed. It was so nice. Occasional interruption from guys selling sunglasses and beach sheet type things. 

I walked to the beach from the airbnb. It's about a mile. First you come to the harbor and marina. The port with its big cranes is visible in the distance. The marina is full of yachts and big boats. There are people kayaking, windsurfing and paddle boarding. 

The beach itself goes on for 3.7 miles of fine grained sand.

Before I went down to the beach, I walked along the promenade by the fancy restaurants. I came to a Burger King and decided to get a shake. It was here that I experienced the notorious Spanish customer service.

When I came in, there were 2 other people at the counter and they were together. They were waiting for 2 kids meals and it looking like they had been waiting for a while.  There were 3 people working the counter. They were walking back and forth, disappearing like they were on a mission to get something. Lots of talk between them. It felt like nobody really knew what they were doing. It was like the keystone kops make a kids meal. OK they get their order. So I'm the only one left.

Now by this time I am almost laughing out loud. It was comical

So I had already ordered the shake and paid for it at the kiosk. Just a matter of dispensing the shake from the machine right? Of course not. More talking, disappearing. Finally the guy sits the shake on the counter in back of him and walks away. Huh? I finally get it. Now mind you, it is after lunch, there is no one else there. What do they do when there's a rush?

So I go out to sit on the wall along the promenade to drink the shake. in the middle of the promenade and there are 4 horse poops perfectly lined up one after another. The police had some big event going on for themselves down the way and I assumed it was their horses. I had more of it on the way there. Apparently they were not going to clean it up. I don't know why but it struck me funny. Four horses had to go at the same time and synchronized the drop precisely.

I love Valencia.


via Blogger https://ift.tt/8hZDz1I
October 05, 2022 at 05:08PM

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me