Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Mint juleps at Melty in Lausanne Switzerland


We are in Renes, a district of Lausanne.  There are under 2,00 people in this area.it does have a very small business street with 2 grocery stores and restaurants and shops. 

So today we were there at the grocery store and on our way back to the airbnb. I wanted a coffee so I looked for a place. I came across a shop with cups on the front so walked in and noticed no list of prices so I walked out. 

I'm a little leary after paying 8.50 for a mocha at Starbucks. One of the guys came out and asked what we wanted.I said coffee and I asked how much it was. He said free! Free for you today! It's your lucky day!

So we went in and it was obvious their business was in the process of being set up. It was a brand new place that was opening next week. 

One of the women offered us a mint julep with no alcohol. Sure, we'll try it. The man kept asking if we wanted coffee. At one point he offered to fix us something to eat. All for free.

We said no. We asked about the restaurant and the man's son said it was a family effort, first time they had done it. The original man was his father. The son had his son there too, maybe about 14.There was a women who made the drink. 

They showed us what the menu would look like. It looked good. As we left I gave the lady a tip for making the drinks for us. They were a very nice family here's hoping that Melty (store name) succeeds.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me