Friday, September 9, 2022

Is this trip really worth it?

 


There are times whenI think about just going home. 

I am 67 years old and this isn't easy physically. I am walking up to 8 miles some days. Ridiculous. I was walking 4-5 miles a day most days at home so that has helped a lot. I still get sore legs. Sore back. I've got really good shoes that were expensive but I'm glad to have them.

So there's the physical aches and pains. Then there is the mental/emotional part. The physical aches and pains get me down and I find myself questioning whether I can do this for a year. 

Mentally it's hard to constantly going from place to place. Different place to stay, different bed. In Vienna the bed was like a rock. Air bnbs are far from perfect and you never know what they will be like.

Trying to figure out food is probably the worst. It unrealistic to think you are going to make complicated meals in an Airbnb. You would waste a lot of food. So you have keep it real simple. At hotels you to eat out, which is expensive. So keeping a somewhat good diet is hard. 

You probably think what a whiner! Most people would love to be in my position. I know that. I wouldn't change anything and I intend to complete the year. This is a life changing, exciting experience and I still cant believe we're doing it. 

I want to give a real picture of what it's like to do this. It is challenging . There are ups and downs. But it's so much fun!

**The picture above is Lausanne,Switzerland, our next destination. It's outside Geneva.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me