Monday, August 22, 2022

Would I live in Waterford Ireland?


 I was thinking what would it be like to live in a place like Waterford. It’s a town of 53,000. I live in a city of 424,000. 

Waterford shuts down it’s retail and a lot of restaurants at 5-530 pm. I don’t really go to bars, but they close 12-1230 am.Waterford does have a couple small shopping centers. It has a couple of big grocery stores. You can get pretty much what you need here. Has arts community, small theatres.  People care about the town.


 Lots of beautiful towns on the coast and inland. Big advantage: beach is close. Dublin is 1 1/2 hours away. Bigger sports, retail, concerts.  Airport.

It’s definitely a slower pace. Less crime.  Probably really focused on friends and family. They become your entertainment.

Weather is moderate temp wise. Normally lots of clouds, fair amount of rain. Where I live snow and cold six months out of the year. 

Could I live here? No. I’m just too used to big city life. It’s not even that I take advantage of all big cities offer. I don’t go to museums, plays, even concerts. I live a simple life. It’s just that I am used the feel of a big city. I have lived in it all my life. I like the diversity. The variety. The changes. 

I don’t like all the problems that come with living in an American moderately big city. Crime. Violence. Poverty. Racism.

So it puts you between a rock and a hard place. I don’t have the answer.


via Blogger https://ift.tt/OkCQipy
August 22, 2022 at 10:34PM

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me