Saturday, August 6, 2022

Where are the damn leprechauns?

 Ever since I came to the land of Eire one week ago, I have been looking for them. Where are they? 

Sometimes I think I see them but it turns it’s some kid with red hair and a green t shirt. They look at me funny when I go from a big smile to a frown in two seconds flat.. They usually start crying. It’s a mess. 

When I was in Belfast I asked a woman on the bus what time do the leprechauns appear? She got really angry and shouted “They’re not real you foolish American!” Wow, calm down lady. You don’t have to believe in them if you don’t want to. Cripes.

The world could use some leprechauns right now, mischief makers that they are. We’re all too serious. We could use a few practical jokes. Hey wait a minute…have they been around all along? Is that what the years 2016-20 were in the United States? A big practical joke? It would explain a lot…

Oh but I digress. So I had almost given up on my pilgrimage to the nooks and crannies of Ireland looking for the little green men …when a brilliant light appeared. And there it was, The National Leprechaun museum of Ireland.

At last! Apparently this is where they hang out, live, party, get into mischief. I have to go. Now I’m not much of a museum goer especially if it lightens my wallet. I will make an exception in this case. I’ll let you know how it goes.












 

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me