Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Seagulls are not my friend

 Seagulls here are not my friend. I noticed the further north you go, the bigger the seagull, the louder the seagull.

I have always like seagulls. Pretty and graceful as they glide through the sky. Where I live they are not that loud. Just a fun thing to look at. 

Here they are LARGE. I swear they are as big as an eagle. They are very loud. They will sit on top of buildings and squawk and it will echo down the street. When two of them are doing it, forget it…

They are really noticeable in cities on water which makes sense. They circle around, 30 at a time over an area. They will walk right up to you just like a pigeon. 

Why the interest in seagulls you ask? I’m getting to it. 

Let me set the scene: it’s a beautiful day in Dublin. We are sitting by a pond in St Stephens Green park. There are seagulls, ducks all around. They walk around. They swim in the pond. They soar overhead. It’s an idyllic scene. Or at least it was.

We get ready to go. I stand up and I feel water on my hand. I move my purse a little bit and there it is! One of the bastards has managed to shit between my shirt and purse. I never knew it happened. I didn’t see it happen. It was not obvious. Somehow they went perfectly in the place between my shirt and purse. The perfect placement was amazing. 

I went somewhere and cleaned it off. Gross. I’m lucky. It could have been on my head. Not so much a fan of seagulls anymore. 






No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me