Friday, June 3, 2022

The details

 It did take me a while to book air bnb. First time I’ve done it. Figured out fast staying anywhere near central London wasnt happenin’. So looked outward. 

Looked at 2 bedroom. Not happenin’. Too expensive. Two beds? One sofa, one in bedroom? More probable. Is the area safe? Does it have a washing machine? Most do but but no dryer. No big deal. The one we booked my son would, and is, sleeping on the couch. Went with it anyway. 

So Leytonstone. That’s where we ended up. Convenient to central London. Ten minute walk to tube. 20 minutes ride to central. Leytonstone has a couple shopping streets with lots of small stores. It has a supermarket. There is a McDonalds, Subway and KFC. Sounds bigger than it is. All of this is right outside the tube station. 

The average American would think it looks run down but I like it. A very diverse area, with people from all over the world living here. 



No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me