Saturday, June 11, 2022

Murphys law

 We got to the airbnb and I was done. I was distraught. I started to think I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I was questioning everything. It was really something. I was mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. 

An hour later I crashed.  Five PM. I slept until 10 pm. Got up for a short time and went back to bed and slept til 9 am the next day. Fifteen hours. I felt better but was still exhausted. That was May 26.

That day we discovered we hadthe wrong electric converter for the wall sockets. I had bought a European one and the UK has a different configuration (of course they do). So we walked down to the business street in Leytonstone and bought the right one. It didn’t work. We couldnt get any of the sockets to work. M went down to the electronics store to get an iPhone charger that went directly into the socket. Nope. WTF??!!

So we ended up calling the airbnb owner. She was in France it turns out. After talking it through, she had us look at the fuse box and some dumb idiot had turned off the sockets. We turned them back on and life was copacetic.

Walked to the grocery store to get a few things and spent the rest of the time in the apartment that day.

Oh, I forget to tell you what happened during the first night. Something woke us up outside and it definitely wasn’t human.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me