Thursday, June 2, 2022

How it all started

I think I started talking to M

in summer of 2021 about doing this trip. He encouraged me, probably thinking it was a good thing to think about after T died. Did he take me seriously? I don’t know. 

So I started taking it seriously, looking into it in the fall. Watched a lot of videos about people who were nomads or living in other countries. Gained practical information. 
Next step was to get passports. Got pictures. Filled out the forms. Went to post office with form, pictures and birth certificates. 

Received passports. Never had one before! I had been to other countries but with the military and at the time I didn’t exactly need a passport.

Determined UK would be first destination. Booked cheap Jet Blue tickets to London. Next was accommodations. Decided on air bnb. So frickin’ expensive in London! Finally bit the bullet and booked one. In Leytonstone London.

Next gets suitcases and backpacks. We would be doing carryons.

No comments:

Stranger in a strange land that's me